Why Keto?

I recently read an article about 10 mistakes beginners make when starting Keto (http://www.bodyinbeta.com/top-10-common-keto-diet-mistakes/). One of which is not having a good enough reason why.

There is a lot of merit to that. If someone asks you why you are doing something, because just doesn't seem to cut it. I have a serious issue with seafood. Crab, shrimp, fish, scallops...if it swims and can't survive out of the water....I don't eat it. It is a mental thing like when your parents give you venison, you eat it and then they tell you what it is. Because just doesn't cut it sometimes.

So what are my reasons why I want to switch 100% to Keto and no "cheat days"?

Here are my top 5:

1. I am an avid over thinker and I can't reign my brain in. I try my brain rebels and just keeps digging. My first thought is that we have made leaps and bounds in the medical field. While some of the innovation was not made in the most ethical of ways (Holocaust), we still have the data from those experiments. So why has our lifespan not kept up? If we have these modern medicines why are we not living to over a hundred? And then it clicks. Even when I was a kid in the 80's hamburger helper existed but my mom always made home cooked meals. Our foods are so heavily processed, you have to take a step back and say why do I need this in my body. Can I go into the hen house and break a chicken's neck like my dad had to? Hell to the no but I have no issue getting my chicken at the super market. ***Please don't say about chicken farms and such. If get on that then I would probably only drink water***

2. I feel great when I eat on Keto. I have energy. I don't feel sluggish and like I am walking through concrete. I ate a kolache after eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast and salad for lunch for 2 weeks and it was as if I ate a big rock for breakfast (apparently kolache's aren't a thing all over the country like here in Texas, basically its like minced ham, bacon, sausage ect with cheese and other things all inside of a sweet bread roll). 

3. Not only do I physically feel great but mentally I do as well. My brain is more clear and productive...it makes it a little hard when I already can't sleep but at least the mental ramblings make sense :).

4. At my highest weight, I was 454 pounds and I had gastric sleeve surgery. They drill it in your head protein protein protein. I don't want to say I successfully lost 132 pounds. I have WAY more to lose. I want to be healthy and fit not necessarily skinny but healthy. I have to retrain my mind from protein to fat. That is so hard to do!!

5. We all have a smidge of a vain streak. I do want to look and FEEL knockout gorgeous.



 

Comments